DDC-4 (4 Hr) Student CourseDefensive Driving
This course motivates participants to change their behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitude by providing the knowledge and skills they need to avoid collisions and traffic violations.
This 4-hour classroom course features an interactive on-screen guide during select segments, group discussions to encourage participant involvement and more. The course motivates participants to change their behind-the-wheel behaviors and attitude, and provides the knowledge and skills they need to avoid collisions and traffic violations.
The newly revised course delivers enhanced interactivity to engage drivers and improve retention. It features real-life driving reenactments, hazard identification and risk-assessment challenges. Plus, the content is tailored to the participant's driving profile, including factors such as age, driving attitudes and behaviors.
What You Will Learn:
- Defensive driving strategies to reduce motor vehicle collisions
- The effects of drugs, alcohol, physical and mental conditions
- How to deal with distracted, aggressive and fatigued driving
- Conditions that impact driving and how to control them
- Importance of occupancy safety devices
Certification is valid for one year.